Celebrations took a toll on your waistline and you jut don’t want to face another diet of measuring, calorie counting and special diet foods to purchase. Here is how to make it simple with choices you can adjust to fit your preferences. Eat until your stomach is no longer hungry. Whenever possible choose clean food sources which are organic and non-GMO.
Follow these guidelines to establish a smaller waistline and a healthy pattern for 2017
- Protein breakfast such as eggs, paleo granola or vegan protein shake (see Healthy Recipes page for ideas)
- Lunch and dinner meals are comprised of 2/3 vegetables and 1/3 protein (your choice of non-GMO, pesticide free, animal or vegan protein)
- One cup of fruit daily, eat the whole fruit, avoid fruit juice
- Plan for a go-to alternative when you experience cravings. Snack on vegetable sticks with yogurt dip or hummus, handful of nuts or cup of hot tea
- Strive to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water every day
- Use raw, organic agave or stevia, no artificial sweeteners
- Move…… your choice of 10,000 steps and 30 minutes of elevated heart rate activity 4 times a week
Enjoy the shrinking waist and create a eating style that will sustain you through 2017.