New research shows that children who have developed a diverse micro biome are resistant to developing asthma, food allergies, eczema and other immune-related conditions.
Children acquire their micro biome at birth, optimally as they travel down the birth-canal and drink breast milk. No mater the circumstances of birth, however, a healthy micro biome can be developed at any stage of life. Here are six ways:
- Plan meals with lots of fiber and vegetables. Picky eaters? Disguise vegetable in a fruit smoothie.
- Use antibiotics only when necessary. Explore herbs and homeopathic alternatives to treat colds and flu. These natural remedies can be powerful and shorten the duration of symptoms.
- Get a dog. This one will make you a hero in your house. Contact with dogs increases a child’s friendly-bacteria diversity.
- 4 Encourage outdoor play. Again, increased exposure to diverse bacterias.
- Wash hands with plain soap and water, not antibacterial. Antibacterial soap destroys the natural micro biome that lives on the skin and often contain unwanted chemicals.
- Don’t fear dirt. But still wash produce before eating.